Collingdale Police, along with numerous other agencies, have been responding to fireworks being set off all over the borough. As we get ready to celebrate the 4th of July holiday we wanted to pass on some reminders. Please be considerate of your neighbors. Any violations could result in fines totaling more than $300 plus court costs. We hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend.
1. Fireworks are legal to purchase and possess if you are 18 years of age or older.
2. You can not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs when you set them off.
3. Only grade “C” fireworks are legal. No commercial grade. (Maximum milligrams of explosives material is 50)
4 Fireworks can not be discharged on public property. Fireworks discharged on private property must have the owners permission.
5. Fireworks can not be discharged from or within a building or vehicle
6. Fireworks can not be discharged toward a building or vehicle.
7. Fireworks can not be discharged within 150 feet of a structure whether or not a person is inside.